Fire

BREAKING: 108 ambulance catches fire in Vatva

A 108 Emergency Ambulance caught fire close to the Ahmedabad Vatva Railway line near Navapura. No injury was reported in the incident. Fire brigade officials rushed to the spot and managed to control the fire. A crowd gathered around the ambulance and soon videos of the same went viral. Cops had to be called to...

Fire at COVID-19 hospital in Chhota Udepur, no casualties

A fire broke out in the COVID-19 ward of a hospital in Bodeli in Chhotaudepur on Wednesday morning. No casualties were reported in the incident and all patients were safely shifted to another floor of the same hospital. The fire was reported from the second floor of Bodeli Dhokalia Public Hospital where 10 COVID-19 patients...

Another fire reported in Nandan Denim unit of Chiripal Group

A massive fire was reported from a unit of Nandan Denim in the Narol area on Saturday early morning. Nandan Denim is part of the Chiripal Group. The fire was reported from the spinning unit of the factory. A short circuit in one of the machinery is believed to be the cause of the fire....

Shrey Hospital Fire: Gujarat to see first COVID-19 post-mortem

Gujarat on Thursday saw what is believed to be the first post-mortem of a COVID-19 patient in the state. The bodies of all the eight people who died in the fire in the ICU of Shrey Hospital in Ahmedabad were sent for a post mortem on Thursday.   Five men and three women under treatment...

Eight dead in early morning fire at Shrey Hospital in Ahmedabad

Eight people including five men and three women, all COVID-19 patients under treatment, were killed after a major fire broke out at a COVID-19 hospital in Ahmedabad.  The fire began at the ICU department of Shrey Hospital in Navrangpura at around 3.30 am, media reports said.    Several fire tenders were rushed to the spot...

Fire at GIDC in Sanand: 24 hours later, officials still struggling to douse flames

More than 24 hours after a fire was first reported from a unit in Sanand in Ahmedabad, the fire department is still battling to contain the fire. Fire department officials were quoted by the media as saying that it may take more time to control the fire although the intensity of the same has come...

Major fire in a factory in Sanand, 27 fire tenders pressed into service

A major fire broke out at a factory involved in manufacturing sanitary products in Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) area in Ahmedabad’s Sanand. Twenty-seven fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the flames, even as fire and smoke can be seen billowing out of the factory buildings. Fire-fighting operations are underway at the...

Labour dept issues closure notice to Hemani Industries in Ankleshwar

The Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH), which functions under the Labour and Employment department issued a closure notice to Hemani Industries in Ankleshwar, Bharuch. A fire in the plant of the agrochemical, pesticides, and herbicides manufacturer ended up killing one and injuring five others on Friday. The fire was a result of a...

Major fire at GIDC in Ankleshwar, three critically injured

A major fire broke out in the early morning of Thursday at a chemical factory in Panoli GIDC in Bharuch’s Ankleshwar. Local media quoted fire department officials as saying that three people were critically injured in the incident. Local media said the fire was reported from the unit of one Hemani Chemical Company at around...

Massive fire at oil well in Assam, over 6,000 evacuated

A massive fire has engulfed a natural-gas producing well of Oil India Limited (OIL) in upper Assam’s Tinsukia district. Media reports said the fire began this afternoon and there is a possibility of it spreading to adjoining areas. A team of the National Disaster Response Force has been deployed and well killing experts have reportedly...

Fire at Sakar-7 building, one dead, 40 rescued

A massive fire was reported from the Sakar-7 building near Nehru Bridge. The fire is believed to have started in an electric metre box on the ground floor at about 2.30 pm and soon spread to other floors. Almost 40% of the offices in the complex were shrouded in smoke forcing several of the employees...