There was chaos when a fire broke out in the office of the Gujarat Panchayat Service Selection Board. Today fire broke out on the first floor of Block-2 at Gandhinagar Karmayogi Bhavan. No official information has been received regarding the extent of damage caused to the important documents in this incident.
During the the furniture was set ablaze and the employees immediately rushed out of the office and immediately informed the Gandhinagar Fire Department. Chief Fire Officer Kaizad Dastur along with his team reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Dastoor said that from the preliminary observation it appears that the fire broke out due to short circuit in the AC. However, there is no official information regarding the number of records and room furniture destroyed in the fire.
However, recently, on Sunday, the 7th of May, Board organized Talati examination. More than 8 lakh candidates appeared in the examination. The news has been more important for all the departments and examinees, because of the fire in the office, which is very important and keeps records related to the future of the students. Hasmukh Patel, Secretary, Gujarat Panchayat Service Selection Board, said that no damage has been done to the strong room of the GPSSB due to the fire. All the papers and answer sheets of the students stored in strong room are safe. The furniture has been damaged in the room where the fire took place.
According to the sources, two water tankers were used to control the fire, 14,000 liter water has been used in the process to put of the fire.