- That or a Covid-negative report will be mandatory for shop owners & staff, hawkers, vendors, salon workers, etc in rural Ahmedabad; violators to face action under Epidemic Diseases Act, Disaster Management Act, IPC
Ahmedabad: Now onwards, vaccination for Covid-19 will be a must for those doing business or working at hotels, restaurants, salons, commercial complexes etc in rural Ahmedabad, the Ahmedabad Collector has ordered. In case of pending vaccination, the person must have a Covid-negative test report, not older than 10 days. They will have to keep the documents handy and furnish them on demand. Failure to do so will invite action under sections of the Epidemic Diseases Act, Disaster Management Act and the Indian Penal Code, as per the notification issued by additional Collector Harshad Vora on Friday.
With decline in Covid-19 cases, the state government has started allowing phase-wise resumption of commercial activities. However, efforts are being made to avoid transmission of the virus once normal activities begin. To this effect, the Collectorate has ordered vaccination drive of those who are likely to come in contact with many other people. They will have to either be vaccinated or carry proof of Covid-negative report not older than 10 days. This means that those who have not yet got the jab will have to get an RTPCR test done, since no certificate is issued if a rapid antigen test is negative.
Collectorate to hold vaccination drive from June 12 to July 11
The notification has mentioned hawkers, retail and wholesale sellers of vegetables, shopkeepers and their employees, people working at shopping complexes and shopping malls, food stall owners, rickshaw and cab drivers, pan wallah, roadside tea stall (kitli) owners, private security guards, those working at salons and beauty parlours, private security guards, self-employed persons like carpenters, plumbers, blacksmiths etc. For those who have not yet got vaccinated, the Collectorate will launch a vaccination drive June 12 and July 11.
The said documents will have to furnished during surprise checks. Those who fail to prove that they are either vaccinated or Covid-negative will face action under sections of the Epidemic Diseases Act, Disaster Management Act and the Indian Penal Code.
Vaccine/Covid-negative report mandatory for
· Retail seller or wholesale dealer of vegetables
· A wholesaler who retails vegetables
· Those working in hotels and restaurants
· Food stall owners and their employees
· Drivers of rickshaws, taxis, cabs
· Those running paan and tea stalls
· Those working in salons, beauty parlours
· Private security guards
· Self-employed persons like carpenter, blacksmith, electrician, plumber, technician, etc
· Employees of shopping malls and shopping complexes
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here