Gujarat Exclusive > Gujarat news > Surat: Sanitation Laborers Suffocate to Death Due to Poisonous Gas

Surat: Sanitation Laborers Suffocate to Death Due to Poisonous Gas

0
267

On Monday 2 laborers died because of gas suffocation while cleaning the sewer in Nani Ved area. Both the laborers were hired by a contractor without safety precautions. After the death of the sanitation workers, questions are being raised once again on how the administration functions.

Both of them died due to the presence of poisonous gas inside the sewer. After getting information about the incident, the fire service staff rescued them from inside the sewer and were immediately taken to the Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research hospital for the treatment but it was too late.

It should be noted that repeatedly instructions and information is given by the government that no sanitation worker should enter the sewer without safety fire. Despite this, two laborers enter into the sewer without any safety, who is responsible for this incident is the big question that is being raised.