Gujarat Exclusive > Gujarat news > Fire in an apartment in Surat, trapped victims jump from window to escape

Fire in an apartment in Surat, trapped victims jump from window to escape

0
519

A fire was reported from the Satrampura area of Surat in an apartment which forced many residents to jump from the window to escape the blaze. The fire was reported close on the heels of another massive blaze in a dyeing mill in the Pandesara area in the city.

The fire was reported from Rameez Apartment in Satrampura and residents ran helter-skelter to save themselves. A video of residents jumping out of the window has also gone viral. The fire brigade also rushed to the spot and began a rescue operation. It took hours to control the fire but no injury was reported. The fire was a result of a short circuit, media reports said.

Surat fire incident

The video of people jumping from windows brought back memories of the fire in the Takshashila Building in Surat in 2019 that among others housed a tuition class.

Also Read: Gomtipur Stone Pelting: Court grants anticipatory bail to 2 accused

At least 22 students were killed and several others injured when a fire broke out at a coaching center in the Sarthana area of Surat. The coaching centre was located on the third and fourth floors of the Takshashila Complex.

Most of the victims were students who died either due to suffocation or by jumping off from the complex.

 

 

To read the latest news in Gujarati click here