Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has been asked to vacate her government bungalow in Delhi by August 1. A notice to this effect from the government sad that her allotment stands cancelled from Wednesday onwards.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in a letter asked Gandhi to exit the bungalow on Lodhi Road as she no longer has Special Protection Group security. The area is one of the most protected zones of Delhi.
The SPG cover for the Gandhi family including Priyanka, her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi was withdrawn in November last year.
“Consequent upon withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by Ministry of Home Affairs, which does not have provision for allotment/retention of government accommodation on security ground to you, the allotment of Type 6B house number 35, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi is hereby cancelled with effect from 01/07/2020,” said the ministry’s notice.
The ministry has said that Gandhi will have to pay a penalty if she stays beyond August 1.