Karnataka has banned the entry of people from Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu—the three states worst hit by the coronavirus pandemic with COVID-19 case count over 10,000. It has also banned the entry of people from the neighbouring Kerala. The development comes a day after the Centre said that the movement of passengers would be allowed during lockdown 4.0 only with the mutual consent between the states as it extended the shutdown to May 31.
The southern state, which has so far reported 1,147 coronavirus cases and 37 deaths linked to the deadly virus, has also announced a “total lockdown” on Sundays, adding that only essential services will be allowed.
“Parks will be opened from tomorrow,” Deputy Chief Minister Ashwath Narayan said this afternoon after holding a high-level meeting.
“The state government will follow the lockdown guidelines announced by the central government,” he said.