Actor Kangana Ranaut has sought a compensation of Rs 2 crore from Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) for demolishing her office in Mumbai. Kangana Ranaut has amended the petition filed in the Bombay High Court against the “illegal” demolition of her office.
The actor has claimed that the BMC demolition drive has damaged 40 per cent of her office. She claimed that the action was initiated against her for speaking against Shiv Sena leaders. Kangana said as Shiv Sena is ruling the BMC, the civic agency was misused to carry out the demolition.
Ranaut said valuable property like chandeliers and rare artworks were damaged. She has sought interim relief to take steps to make the property “capable of use” after the demolition.
Kangana Ranaut leaves Mumbai
The actor on September 14 left Mumbai for her hometown in Manali claiming that she was doing so with a “heavy heart”.
Also Read: Facebook dodges Delhi panel’s summon
She claimed that she was leaving the maximum city after being terrorised by the Shiv Sena-led Maharashtra government.
Controversy started over actor’s remark
The “Queen” actor raked a controversy after she attacked the Mumbai police over the Sushant Singh Rajput death probe. The actor, who does not share a good rapport with the top names of Bollywood, further said she does not feel safe in Mumbai anymore. Thereafter, she equated Mumbai with POK, which resulted in a war of words with Sena MP Sanjay Raut.
The controversy escalated after the alleged illegal alterations in her office were demolished by the BMC. It happened on September 9, when she returned to Mumbai. However, the demolition was stopped by the civic body following an order of the Bombay High Court. Since then, the actor had launched a series of attacks on the CM and the Maharashtra government. Notably, Maharashtra’s home minister has already asked the Mumbai police to investigate Kangana for alleged drug use.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here