The Income Tax Department will soon launch a new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on June 7, 2021, to provide a convenient, modern experience for taxpayers to file their returns.
As a result of the launch and migration to the new portal the existing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in will not be available to taxpayers as well as other external stakeholders for six days from June 1, 2021, to June 6, 2021, the finance ministry said in a release.
It said that to avoid any inconvenience to taxpayers, the department will not fix any compliance dates during this period. Directions have also been issued to fix hearing of cases or compliances only from June 10, 2021, onwards, to give taxpayers time to respond to the new system.
Any hearing or compliance which requires submissions online has been scheduled during the period, the same will be preponed or adjourned and later rescheduled. The department has asked the taxpayer to complete all their urgent tasks involving any submission, upload, or downloads before June 1, 2021, to avoid any difficulty during the blackout period.
New features at a glance for tax filing
- New taxpayer-friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns(ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer.
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimizing data entry effort.
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, tutorials, videos, and chatbot/live agent.
- All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on a mobile app which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on the mobile network.
- A new online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, credit card, and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here