The Congress on Thursday released its manifesto for the upcoming municipal corporation elections scheduled on February 1. Relief in taxes for citizens and other promises have been made in the manifesto.
Gujarat Congress chief Amit Chavda while releasing the party’s manifesto said every citizen will be given the Gujright Card to ensure they get access to the free services offered by the government.
He said the BJP that has been in power in the municipal corporations across the state has not bothered to provide basic facilities to people.
“Despite high taxes, people struggle for infrastructure facilities and water,” Chavda said. He said the manifesto is a Congress promise to address the concerns of the people.
He hit out at the BJP government for the high taxes and how facilities provided were not commensurate with the taxes paid
Some highlights of the Congress manifesto
- A Gujright Card will be given to ensure citizens get access to all the free services offered by the state and centre.
- Will end the culture of contract and outsourcing in municipal bodies within 24 hours of coming to power.
- All vacant posts in corporations will be filled.
- Air emergency services will be provided for accident and fire emergencies in the municipal corporation limits.
- Air purifiers will be provided for public roads.
- Education will be free in municipal schools in English medium.
- Will reconstruct all potholed roads in all six municipal corporations within a week of coming to power.
- A relief in taxes for a year for businesses that have been hit by COVID-19.
- Up to 50% reduction in residential property tax.
- Will address the issue of stormwater drainage.
- Vehicle parking will be made free for citizens.
- Free wifi zones in all six municipal corporations for citizens.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here