The night curfew imposed in Ahmedabad will be effective till December 7. The police commissioner has announced that the curfew which is effective from 9 pm to 6 am will be in force till December 7.
However, some essential services will be exempted from the curfew. Earlier the state had imposed a 57-hour curfew from December 20 onwards.
The state had earlier imposed a 57-hour curfew in Ahmedabad from Friday 9 pm to prevent the surge of a crowd during the weekend. Later it also announced a night curfew for Surat, Vadodara, and Rajkot.
List of services exempted from night curfew
- All petrol, diesel, and CNG stations, water and sanitation department workers, telecommunication and electricity services, National Information Centres, and disaster management agencies.
- Police, Home Guard, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency services, all Central Paramilitary Forces, and all important services associated with jail and AMC.
- All private and government medical health facilities, medical stores, e-commerce, and pharmaceutical home deliveries.
- Milk delivery
- Electronic and Print Media
- Private Security services
- Units involved in the manufacture of essential commodities, pharmaceuticals.
- Cremations with attendance of 20 people
- Transfer of goods at Railway and Airport
- Taxi and cab services to and from Railway and Airports. It will be mandatory to present a journey ticket to get the relaxation.
- ATMs, IT-Vendors of banking operations
- All transport services
- Those who have been given special permission by city police to travel during curfew hours
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here