Minority Coordination Committee – Gujarat on Friday said it will prepare a report card of MLAs to know who asks how many questions related to minorities in the Gujarat Assembly.
On the occasion of International Minority Day on December 18, the committee convener – Mujahid Nafees said the unemployment rate among Muslim men in rural areas of the country was 1.9% in 2009-10 which increased to 6.7% in 2017-18.
He said the unemployment rate of Muslim men in urban areas was 2.5% in 2009-10 which increased to 7.5% in 2017-18.
Demands of MCC
- Establishment of Minority Welfare Department in the state.
- Allotment of fund for the development of minorities in the state.
- Assembly should pass an ordinance for the formation of a Minority Commission.
- Establishment of schools in minority-dominated areas.
- Madrasa education must be made equivalent to the Gujarat Board.
- PM’s 15 point program should be implemented in the state.
- Strict laws should be formed to stop mob lynchings.
The committee also said that steps should be taken by the government to reduce the dropout of Muslim girls from schools. The drop out of Muslim girls is 10.58% from standard 1 to 5. More schools should be opened to reduce dropout among Muslim girls.
In the MCC meet in Siddhpur on December 18 it was proposed that they will meet again before the Gujarat Assembly session if the demands are not met.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here