Aaquib Chhipa, Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad Court has rejected the successive bail application of the alleged accused – Abdur Rajjak Gazi, who is accused of providing shelter to the Kalupur Bomb Blast accused.
Gazi sheltered them so that they could eventually cross the Bangladesh border.
The court while rejecting the bail of the accused said the filing of a charge sheet does not change the circumstances. The charges leveled against the accused are of serious nature which pertains to the security of the nation and hence the court is not inclined to use its power to grant bail to the accused.
The counsel for the accused submitted before the court that one of the accused in the case who was allegedly sheltered by Gaxi was acquitted by the court.
Kalupur Bomb Blast: What defendant argued
The applicant was also issued a passport in 2018, after due police verification, no case has been found against him, he argued.
The primary education board of West Bengal had issued an admit card of TAT (Teacher Eligibility Test) to the accused in 2012, which shows that he was not absconding for 14 years.
Also, the applicant lives with his family in West Bengal at the address mentioned in his election and Aadhar Card, the advocate for the applicant said.
Assistant Public Prosecutor submitted before the court that the accused was absconding for the last 14 years and he is a resident of Basirhat in West Bengal. The prosecutor said if granted bail there is a possibility that he may run away and his presence for the trial cannot be secured and hence his bail shouldn’t be granted.
The accused Abdur Rajjak Gazi was nabbed by a team of Gujarat ATS (Anti Terrorist Squad) from Basirhat in West Bengal on August 18, last year. The accused allegedly was absconding for more than 14 years after the terror incident in 2006.
On February 19, 2006, a bomb blast near platforms number 2 and 3 of Kalupur Railway Station in Ahmedabad injured 10 people.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here