A birthday celebration in Ahmedabad turned dangerous for many who tested COVID-19 positive in Naranpura area of Ahmedabad. Twenty-two people who attended the celebrations have now tested positive for COVID-19.
The mother of the youth had asked him not to have a celebration but the youth and his friends ignored the same.
Moreover, they brought a magic candle which involved many trying to blow out the candle but failing to do so. This, authorities believe, may have aggravated the situation.
The incident comes even as Ahmedabad registered a rise in COVID-19 cases. The government has been warning people to maintain social distancing and wear masks but mass violations are happening as people through markets for Diwali purchase and celebrate the festival.
In the Naranpura incident, the magic candle resulted in the youth and his friends joining in to blow the candle that reignites again and again.
Interestingly, many in the celebration had not even worn a mask.
Within five days of the celebration, 22 people tested positive for the disease. Interestingly those who were in the same house but in another room have all tested negative for the disease so far.
Sources said the youth who was celebrating his birthday was asymptomatic COVID-19 positive. He later got himself tested and informed others about his positive status.
Interestingly, the mother who had avoided being in the same room and sharing a cake tested negative.
Sources aid a gathering and dinner were also held but many had avoided the same and they too tested negative.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here