The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) has released the evaluation criteria for the mass promotion of Class 10 board students. The students will be evaluated based on internal assessment and marks scored in the school-level exams. The Class 10 results will be declared by the second week of July. The exact date will be announced in the last week of June. Earlier the Gujarat government had cancelled the class 10 and 12 board exams given the COVID situation.
Important dates to know for Class 10 exams and results
- Results to be finalised between June 4 and June 10.
- Results to be uploaded on the board’s website between June 8 to June 17.
- GSEB to announce Class 10 results date in the last week of June.
- Report and marksheet to be distributed in the second week of July
How will students be evaluated?
- A committee of teachers will be formed under the principal of the school for evaluation of the results.
The evaluation process will involve internal assessment and school-level exams that were conducted for class 19 students.
- The internal assessment will be of 20 marks.
- Students can choose the subject of their choice for internal assessment.
- School-level exam results will account for 80 marks.
- For the 80 marks, 20 will be taken from the marks obtained by students (out of 50 marks) in Class 9 first term exams. This will account for 40% of the marks.
- The next 20 marks will be taken from the marks secured by students (out of 50 marks) in Class 9 second term exams. This too will account for 40% of the marks.
- 30 marks will be considered from marks obtained in Class 10 (out of 80 marks) first prelims held from March 19 to March 27, 2021. The marks will account for 37.5% marks.
- 10 marks will be from the marks obtained in the Class 10 unit test (of maximum 25 marks).
It should be noted that only those students who have registered for Class 10 board exams will be promoted under mass promotion. Exams for repeat students and others will be carried out after the COVID situation improves.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here