As counting for the second phase of civic body polls in Gujarat is underway, a result in one of the panchayats has shown that every vote counts.
For, the BJP won the Sutrapada Taluka Panchayat elections with a margin of just one vote. In fact, the BJP has been lucky in several such seats where it has won by a wafer-thin margin.
Wafer-thin victory in polls
- In Viramgam’s Thamba Thori seat, BJP candidates won by six votes.
- In Amreli Dhari’s Bhadel seat, the AAP candidate won with two votes.
- The Bedel district panchayat seat saw BJP candidate Savita Gohel winning with a margin of just 8 votes.
- In Morbi’s Amran seat, two candidates polled the same number of votes. A toss was taken which was won by the BJP candidate.
- In Daskroi taluka panchayat’s Aslali seat, Ramila of the BJP won while her sister-in-law who fought on a Congress ticket lost.
- So far BJP is ahead in 185 seats in the nagarpalika while Congress is ahead in 18.
- In the district panchayat, BJP is ahead in 78 seats and Congress in 15.
- In Taluka panchayat, BJP is ahead in 192 seats and Congress in 38 seats.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here