The Gujarat government has allocated Rs11,323 crore for the health and family welfare department in the budget announced on Wednesday. The department was at the forefront of the state’s battle against the COVID pandemic.
Here is how the budget for the department will be used
- Rs1106 crore has been allocated for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Jan Arogya Yojana and Gujarat’s Maa-Vatsalya Yojana under which poor families get health insurance of Rs5 lakh.
- Rs145 crore has been allocated for the Balsakha Yojana that works towards the betterment of children who are born underweight.
- Rs87 crore will be given to upgrading facilities at New Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
- Rs66 crore has been allocated for programmes aimed at pregnant women.
- Rs50crore will be allocated for medical colleges coming up in Godhra and Morbi.
- Additional 150 new ambulances at the cost of Rs30 crore will be added to the 622 ambulances that are part of the 108 ambulance service in the state.
- Rs25crore to improve infrastructure and human resources at the kidney hospital in Surat.
- A vaccination cell will be set up for better coordination of vaccination programmes in the state. Nine districts will be allotted Rs3 crore to build medical vaccine stores.
- Daycare services in Ayurveda will be made available at 20 Civil Hospitals in the state.
Budget allocation for women and child development
- Rs939 crore allocated for the Purak Poshan Yojana and Rs700 crore set aside to help around 8 lakh widowed women in the state.
- Rs220crore set aside for 11.76 lakh adolescent girls under Purna Yojana.
- The Dhoodh Sanjeevani Yojana that provides flavoured milk to poor and tribal areas in the state has been allocated Rs136 crore.
- Rs9 crore has been allocated to improve the health of babies, young children, and lactating mothers in the tribal areas of Dahod, Dangs, Narmada among others through Ayurveda.
- To ensure the rehabilitation of widowed women, a help of Rs50,000 will be given to such women and Rs3 crore has been set aside for the scheme.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here