Mumbai: Following allegations against an officer of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Mumbai in the ongoing drugs case, an NCB team from Delhi will go to Mumbai on Tuesday to probe the matter.
DDG NCB Gyaneshwar Singh and two inspector-level officers will be part of the probe team, according to sources.
They will probe the allegations made against NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede who had been accused of taking a huge payout in the drugs case involving Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan.
Maharashtra Cabinet minister Nawab Malik had posted certain documents about Sameer Wankhede on his Twitter handle and claimed that his fraud had begun from there.
In response to his allegations, on Monday, Sameer Wankhede issued a statement saying that the publishing of his personal documents on Twitter was defamatory and “unnecessary invasion” of his family’s privacy. He called it an intention to malign him and his family and that the minister’s acts had put them under tremendous mental and emotional pressure.
He said that he belonged to a composite, multi-religious and secular family. His father is a Hindu and mother a Muslim, he said. He also gave details of his two marriages.
A witness in the drugs case, Prabhakar Sail, has claimed that he was made to sign on blank sheets at the NCB office. He also claimed he had heard a conversation of his employer and private detective KP Gosavi about a payout of Rs 8 crore to Wankhede.
Ananya Panday skips NCB summons
Actress Ananya Panday, who is being questioned by the NCB in the drugs case, skipped the summons by the agency on Monday. She has request for more time citing personal reasons.
The agency will now issue her fresh summons for another date.
Ananya was questioned on Friday and Saturday as well. However, she has denied having consumed drugs or helped Aryan Khan procure them.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here