Gujarat Exclusive > National-World > Congress MPs walkout from Lok Sabha after Rajnath Singh’s statement on India-China tussle

Congress MPs walkout from Lok Sabha after Rajnath Singh’s statement on India-China tussle

0
117

Following the statement of defence minister Rajnath Singh on the tussle between India and China in eastern Ladakh, the Congress on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Lok Sabha.

The Congress said the Union government is avoiding a debate on the India-China face-off along Line of Actual Control.

The party also alleged that its MPs were not allowed to speak on such a crucial issue in the Lok Sabha. A Congress MP said that the party wants clarifications on certain issues, but the Speaker did not allow them to speak. The Congress MP said that the party will continue pressing for a debate on the issue.

Congress had held discussion on 1962 war

Congress’ leader in the Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary said, “During the 1962 war, Atal Bihar Vajpayee had demanded discussion on the ongoing war. Then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had agreed to hold a two-day discussion in Parliament.”

Govt must explain Chinese transgressions

Hitting out at the Modi government, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said the country stands united with the defence forces. However, he said that the defence minister must explain how the Chinese managed to occupy Indian territory.

Also Read: Jaya Bachchan lambasts Ravi Kishan, Kangana in Rajya Sabha

“Why did PM Modi mislead the nation by saying China has not entered into our territory? When will you push back the Chinese from our territory? When will you give a befitting reply to China for this transgression?” Surjewala asked.

Rajnath Singh’s statement

Meanwhile, earlier in his statement in the Lok Sabha, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said India has conveyed to China that its attempt to forcibly alter the Sino-Indian boundary is not acceptable at all. He said since April, India has seen increase in troops and weapons deployment along LAC in Ladakh.

“China’s violent conduct along LAC is a violation of all existing agreements. There was a face-off in Galwan on June 15 in which Indian forces inflicted heavy casualties on Chinese forces,” Singh said.

The defence minister added, “India is committed to peacefully resolve the border stand-off with China and the Indian forces are determined to protect security and sovereignty of the country.”

The minister also said that India and China’s border issue remains unresolved. Additionally, he said that there has been no mutually acceptable solution. He further said that China doesn’t recognise the traditional and customary alignment of the boundary.

 

To read the latest news in Gujarati click here