New Delhi: China’s presence in Ladakh continues to be a major concern for India. Now, Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane has said that the neighbouring country has raised deployment of its personnel in the forward areas across eastern Ladakh.
In an interview to news agency ANI, Naravane said that the Indian Army was regularly monitoring the movement of Chinese troops. “Based on the inputs we get, we are also carrying out matching developments both in infrastructure and in terms of troops needed to counter any threat,” he was quoted in the interview. He reiterated that India was well equipped to meet any eventuality at the moment.
Naravane reviewed the Defence forces’ preparedness in the forward areas on eastern Ladakh on Friday, during his two-day tour of the region. He also discussed the security scenario of the Union Territory with Lieutenant General Radha Krishna Mathur.
‘Talks likely in 2nd week of Oct’
“We hope to have the 13th round of talks in the second week of October and reach a consensus on how disengagement will take place,” he said.
On ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Naravane said that there had been none between February and June-end. However, infiltration bids have been witnessed recently.
The Army chief also said that India was monitoring the situation in Afghanistan and its possible ramifications.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here