Even as Gujarat continues to register over 1000 cases of COVID-19 every day, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has been urging people to wear a mask when outdoors.
Yet, some organisations continue to flout the norm.
The notice came after it was brought to the civic body’s notice that customers and shopkeepers at the mall failed to maintain social distancing.
They were also seen sans any mask while shopping.
The civic body has asked the mall to take remedial measures.
It has also warned that if the shops and mall continue to operate in violation of the sealing, it will face legal action under the Epidemic Act.
The Ahmedabad One Mall had seen a surge in customers due to the Rakshabandhan holidays.
As per the guidelines, the shop owners, employees and even customers cannot be in the mall without a mask.
But most of them continued to violate the norms.
No social distancing was also maintained.
Following a complaint, the health department of the civic body has sealed entry into the mall.
The notice issued to the mall states that for the last many days, customers and shopkeepers at the mall had been violating the mask and no distancing rule.
It also said that the mall had failed to implement the Unlock 3.0 norms under which it was allowed to function.
What will the Ahmedabad One Mall have to do
- The active employees of the mall- security guard, housekeeping staff and others – will have to undergo COVID-19 test. AMC will have to be informed of the result.
- The mall needs to be completely disinfected.
- All entry points will be accessible to only the maintenance and housekeeping staff. Everyone else will have to use designated entry points.
- The owners will need to give an undertaking promising not to violate norms in the future.
- Shops that were sealed can be unsealed only with the permission of the AMC.
- If this is violated legal action will be taken under the Epidemic Act.