Clubs in the city will be thrown open for members from next week onwards. However, Ahmedabad clubs have also put in place certain restrictions on who all can access the places.
The management of clubs in Ahmedabad has decided to open certain facilities in the clubs. Both Rajpath and Karnavati clubs, which are part of the Ahmedabad Clubs will be thrown open.
As per the guidelines issued by the state government the clubs have restricted access to the places for the following people.
- Patrons and visitors over 65 years of age will not be allowed in the club
- Children below 12 years of age
- Guest members will not be allowed
- Gymnasiums, running and walking track facilities will be made available.
- Clubs will be sanitised every four hours
- Every member can be inside the club for not more than 70 minutes
- Clubs will remain closed on Sunday
COVID-19 in state
Gujarat recorded 1126 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday and 20 fatalities due to the disease. The COVID-19 deaths in the state now stand at 2822.
The total number of cases in the state has now crossed 80,000.
Earlier the Centre had announced that curfew will not be in place from August 1 onwards although the lockdown in containment zones will continue till August 31.
The state has also issued guidelines for businesses and other establishments who have been allowed to function. The 10 pm deadline for hotels and restaurants have also been removed.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here