Ahmedabad: Three workers employed at a factory making puffs died reportedly due to asphyxiation. The incident took place at UKS puff making unit in Gopalnagar area on KK Nagar road in Ghatlodia in Ahmedabad.
As per case details, the three workers went to sleep after shutting the doors of the unit late on Monday night. However, the switch of the oven was reportedly left on. Fumes filled the room, allegedly leading to the trio getting asphyxiated, as per primary investigation by the police.
On getting news of the incident, Ghatlodia police reached the spot and started investigation with the help of the FSL team.
The deceased have been identified as Hasan, Ibrahim and Aslam. All the three were outside Gujarat.
A few days back, two workers were asphysxiated after entering a sewage pipeline without any safety gear.
To read the latest news in Gujarati click here