Gujarat Exclusive > National-World > Amid Agnipath protests, Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar promises government jobs to Agniveers

Amid Agnipath protests, Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar promises government jobs to Agniveers

0
41

Chandigarh: Amid the raging protests over the Agnipath scheme for Defence recruitment, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced on Tuesday that every Agniveer returning after completed four years of service in the Armed Forced would be guaranteed a job in the Haryana government.

He made the announcement during his address at a state-level function in Bhiwani to celebrate the International Yoga Day.

The Defence ministry has said that under the Agnipath scheme, 25 per cent of the recruited youngsters would be inducted into regular military services after four years, while the remaining 75 per cent would get an exit package and assistance with getting a new job or future career plans.

Making his announcement, Manohar Lal Khattar said that those Agniveers who wanted to return to Haryana after their four years of service would be guaranteed a job by the Haryana government.

The Agniveers would be inducted in any cadre for Group C or in the police, he said.

It may be noted that ever since the scheme for contractual recruitment in armed forces was announced, there have been widespread and violent protests across the country.

Uncertainty over job after four years is a major issue being highlighted by the protesters.

 

 

 

 

To read the latest news in Gujarati click here