Gujarat Exclusive > National-World > Rajasthan: Wedding feast leaves 130 ill with food poisoning in Churu

Rajasthan: Wedding feast leaves 130 ill with food poisoning in Churu

0
76
  • Four weddings of a family were solemnized in Sardarshahar in Churu district of Rajasthan on Wednesday

Jaipur: Four marriages in a family were solemnized on the same day. So, it was a big occasion. Unfortunately, it went terribly wrong for many of the guests. At least 130 people reported unwell after eating the food served at the wedding feast in Churu district of Rajasthan on Wednesday night.

According to available details, four daughters of a family were to get married on Wednesday. The wedding processions, one each from Ladnun, Jodhpur and two from Bidasar, had come to Sardarshahar.

The weddings were solemnized on Wednesday afternoon, after which the guests were served food.

Later in the evening, many guests started reporting of discomfort. Several of them had to be taken to the government hospital in Sardarshahar with complaints of vomiting and diarrhoea.

“Some people came to hospital last night with complaint of vomiting after attending a wedding in Shobhasar village. Around 90 people were discharged after treatment,” said Sardarshahar SDM

The chief medical officer of Churu was reported as saying that the reason for the food poisoning could be consumption of stale food as guests who had come for Bidasar had no complaints. Thus, it was believed that those who fell ill might have eaten leftovers of the afternoon food in the evening by when it might have got contaminated.

 

 

To read the latest news in Gujarati click here